- Our 2014 summer journal. Let's get out and do stuff!

Monday, June 9, 2014

Day 4

Took everyone over to the middle school running track this morning.  They all ran around the track once, it's 1/4 mile on the inside lane, I think.  But the football field is marked with yards so I timed everyone running a 50-yard dash.  Emma ran it in 11.6 sec, Connor 10.9 sec, Dani 9.3 sec, me 10.4 sec, although Dani says she started it late, so I'm probably even slower than that.  Sam just kept running and running.  He ran more than probably all of us put together, and he's only 4!  Future track star?  Sure wish I could move my rear end.  Sigh...  I kind of have this goal to run a mile in under 10 min.  Right now I can do it in 13:30.  But my knees are killing me, especially my right knee.  I don't know if I should push through or quit messing with them.  I might go see a bone and joint doc and get some advice on that.  I do rebounding (exercise trampoline, JumpSport), and I LOVE IT!!  But the tendons on the back of my knees and the inside of my right leg are not amused the past few weeks. Don't know what the cause is, maybe it was when I started running.  I've decided to just stretch out more, several times a day, and it helps some.  I guess I'll just wait a week or two and see what happens.

Pics of the day:

The Middle School track and football field. Nice astroturf! Hmmm, need more action pics.

I allowed a picture to be taken of me. Enjoy it, there won't be many.

Yes, YouTube video watching will be a common activity for the summer. Here they are watching Kid History videos - "One out of six people know a Google. That's pretty good." My kids quote Kid History videos like other people quote their favorite movie.

The kids leave the hose running and make a little lake out in the yard. Anyone want to chip in for my water bill?

Emma's BFF Kaylena. She'll probably be in a lot of Emma's pics this summer.

Nothing says summer like fresh watermelon!

3 comments:

  1. Kudos to you! Now I can share your summer fun. We need to figure out how and where Dani and Jane and I can share our Scotland adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Too bad you don't live in Cokeville- water is a flat rate every month, no metering. Yes, you should go see an orthopedist about your knee. Why waste weeks and weeks wondering when you can just get to the heart of the problem and start fixing it?

    If I touch the screen can I eat watermelon by osmosis?

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Glad to see Emma getting some friend time. It's so important and in many ways it makes things easier on Mom when there's someone fresh to provide entertainment!

    ReplyDelete