- Our 2014 summer journal. Let's get out and do stuff!

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Day 13 - Northpark playground

Well, it was so cold this morning that we were all slackers and stayed home from the track. The average temp of the day was 46 degrees, high was 56 degrees, and there was a drizzly, slow rain off and on throughout the day. But by the end of the day I was determined to kick everyone out the door, so we drove over to the Northpark Elementary playground in the early evening -

Swings are one of Emma's favorites, but she doesn't like to go too high. Sam loves it, too, and is always yelling "Higher! Higher! Higher!" as I push him. Daredevil!

Dani was not amused that I was taking her picture, trying to kick me and eventually threw her shoes at me. Nice headphones!

Dani, like a cautious, wild animal out in the field - this is as close as I dared to get to her as she was out there doing a dance routine to a song on her MP3. I think it's one of the things they used to do to warm up for the play this spring.

My pretty girl... I have two.

The tire swing wins hands down as the favorite piece of equipment on the playground and the reason why the kids request going there.


Random - after realizing I didn't really have very many pictures of Dani's elaborate long hairdos before she cut it, I'm more determined now to take pictures of all her creations. She would only let me do one from the side or back today.

No comments:

Post a Comment